Monday, June 22, 2015

Blog Launch

Welcome to Crafty Mom, PhD!  I've wanted to start a blog for quite some time.  It is usually when I try finding some sort of tutorial online and come up with nothing. I generally have several projects going on and this will be a place to share them!  

I want to start by introducing myself. My name is Jenny and somehow life took me to graduate school where I earned a PhD in Chemistry. But my heart has always been at home. After finishing school, I stayed home with my kids (I have two of them) for a few years. That all changed when I went through a divorce and a job became a necessity. 

I'm a rather frugal person, and being divorced with two children, it is extremely important to me to avoid spending money on things that are not necessities.  Luckily I love to create things. I bake, sew, knit, crochet, paint, and try my hand at whatever crazy idea I get. I am someone who would rather try to make it myself and figure out how-to instead of paying someone else.  

So watch for posts about recipes, crafts, DIY, kids activities, and so on.  I can't wait to share my endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment