Monday, November 2, 2015

Bathroom reveal!

Ok.  I've been on quite a hiatus!  Things in life just got to be SO stressful with the house and the wedding that I was running on full speed constantly!  We did manage to get the bathroom all finished up before the wedding, which was a huge relief!  Here is how that went down!

My favorite plumber helped me out and got the new shower installed and plumbed in the sink and replaced the toilet for us.  These were all tasks that I was just not up to trying to figure out.  He managed in 2 days what would have taken me weeks to figure out.

The cabinet over the toilet was very retro.  It had a design around the perimeter of the doors and gold knobs and hinges.  So we added trim to the edge of the doors to make them shaker style like I did for the kitchen and we painted them white and added new knobs.  It turned out great.

We got the new shower surround put in.  Notice the nice new shower!!!  I was beyond excited for this.  
Since we couldn't get all of the old tile adhesive off of the walls (thank you old plastic tiles!) we decided to just cover it up.  And I love the way the wainscoting turned out!

And my new vanity was finally installed!!!  It took me a while to find something that was going to be the right size, that I liked, and wasn't going to bust the budget.  But I found this one on Home Depot and I love it!  The black granite counter top is beautiful!
We had to trim the bathtub surround to fit around the window, which is why we went with a 5-piece surround.  But it worked out well.  A utility knife and straight edge made it work perfectly.  

And to finish it up, we put up a new medicine cabinet.  The bathroom may be on the small size, but it ended up having plenty of storage for our family of 4!  I love it.  And I'm so proud of everything we did to make it our own.  

1 comment:

  1. I am very pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful bathroom. What an inspiration.

    Hannah
    Found these dream interpreter

    ReplyDelete